Author(s): William (Chuck) Easttom II
Publisher: Pearson IT Certification, Year: 2016
ONE-VOLUME INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER SECURITY
Clearly explains core concepts, terminology, challenges, technologies, and skills
Covers today’s latest attacks and countermeasures
The perfect beginner’s guide for anyone interested in a computer security career
Chuck Easttom brings together complete coverage of all basic concepts, terminology, and issues, along with all the skills you need to get started.
Drawing on 20+ years of experience as a security instructor, consultant, and researcher, Easttom helps you take a proactive, realistic approach to assessing threats and implementing countermeasures. Writing clearly and simply, he addresses crucial issues that many introductory security books ignore, while addressing the realities of a world where billions of new devices are Internet-connected.
This guide covers web attacks, hacking, spyware, network defense, security appliances, VPNs, password use, and much more. Its many tips and examples reflect new industry trends and the state-of-the-art in both attacks and defense. Exercises, projects, and review questions in every chapter help you deepen your understanding and apply all you’ve learned.
Whether you’re a student, a professional, or a manager, this guide will help you protect your assets—and expand your career options.
Learn how to
· Identify and prioritize potential threats to your network
· Use basic networking knowledge to improve security
· Get inside the minds of hackers, so you can deter their attacks
· Implement a proven layered approach to network security
· Resist modern social engineering attacks
· Defend against today’s most common Denial of Service (DoS) attacks
· Halt viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, and other malware
· Prevent problems arising from malfeasance or ignorance
· Choose the best encryption methods for your organization
· Compare security technologies, including the latest security appliances
· Implement security policies that will work in your environment
· Scan your network for vulnerabilities
· Evaluate potential security consultants
· Master basic computer forensics and know what to do if you’re attacked
· Learn how cyberterrorism and information warfare are evolving
PDF eBook Only! INSTANT DOWNLOAD! SAVE OVER 50% OFF original price! eBook File is yours to keep FOREVER!
“IMMEDIATE” Download File/Link is immediately downloadable on checkout page and is sent immediately after purchase to your checkout email address! Once your payment is successfully processed, you will receive a confirmation email with your ebook(s) to download. We can additionally message you the download link if you email us after purchase! Readable on laptop, phone, tablet and kindle. File type is included in description (PDF or ePUB).
If you have questions please message us, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or text us! We are 100% trusted & authorized seller! We grant you a full refund if you are not 100% satisfied! 🙂